As adults, I find it more and more challenging each year to buy for our siblings, in-laws and friends. Most people by our age either already have everything they need/want or if they don’t, they’ll buy it for themselves. Anything on their “wish list” is often way above my price range which leaves us in a constant gift pickle. I tend to opt for items that are either practical or something tech-savvy. Most of the below gifts fit in one (or both) of these categories so hopefully this sparks some ideas for your gift purchasing.
- A great quality knife set is a practical and useful gift for most people, especially those who love to cook. High quality knives are important to have but annoying to pay for on your own so really the perfect recipe for a great gift!
- The Bose Soundlink is an excellent quality portable speaker that makes a great gift. It’s small enough to pack for any travel and it connects via Bluetooth so that anyone can hook up to it. We love using ours and it’s a non-gender specific, practical gift that most anyone will love and appreciate!
- Every woman needs a refresher of sleepwear. These short pajamas are the softest pair and great for travel (they also come in pant form). If PJs feel odd to give, a nice silk robe or plush robe with soft slippers is an excellent combination.
- A classic, luxury feeling passport holder + luggage tag set is always appreciated and a thoughtful gift if that person is a traveler. This would even be fun to give to a couple as a set! I think that this simple leather holder is beautiful as is this crocodile textured one. Want to take it one step further? Have them monogrammed!
- When in doubt, a gift card to your recipient’s favorite restaurant, store or spa is always a great idea for anyone! I like to give couples a gift card to a nice restaurant or hotel and a gift card to a cute clothing store to teenage kids in our family. It’s a bit more personal than money but still a practical gift.
- A set of Amazon Echoes are a great gift for anyone who you know is wanting to increase the technology in their home. With the Echo, your recipient will be able to use Alexa to turn on/off the lights, raise/lower the air conditioning and control interior cameras. What a fun gift!
- If a female is on your list then you can’t go wrong with a faux fur throw. These blankets are always well-received as they’re warm, cozy and stylish. Every woman loves to cuddle up and they add a layer of luxury to any home.
- Who couldn’t use a new piece of roller luggage? You can easily find a high-quality piece under $100 that will last for years to come. If you want to spend a bit more, splurge on a piece of Away luggage which is well thought out and includes its own charging station.
- Okay, I admit that this one is over the price limit but if you want a couple’s gift, you will technically be spending $100 per person. A yeti cooler is a high quality, long-term item that most people can use. Anyone who has kids events, goes fishing, tailgates, camps or has any other use for a cooler can use these. I can attest that they keep items cold for longer than any cooler I’ve owned. They don’t sweat, they stay put and they can be used as a table top, footrest or stool. How versatile!