Given the odd times we’re living in right now, I am trying to keep some sense of normalcy in my life. Currently, that means soaking up every bit of summer with a maxi dress, sunglasses & an ice cold adult beverage! We spent the majority of quarantine hunkering down with family where we focused on staying active, making delicious meals and getting our houses in order. Though I have purchased bare minimal this summer (you’re welcome, bank account), there are a few items that I find to be either using regularly and sharing with others. Below I’ve rounded up my top five items in various categories. I’m a big believer in buying good quality, highly versatile items so I hope this inspires you to do the same!
- Just picked up this cute outdoor-friendly pitcher for lemonade and homemade ice tea!
- We have been grilling almost every night which means we are using our melamine plates – they’re so cute and don’t look cheap like others I’ve seen. Also love this set if you want more pattern.
- Since we’re moving, I have been window shopping and have my eye on this darling coffee table (on major sale!)
- I bought our bathroom rug for my grandma’s bathroom as well – it is so gorgeous in person.
- My favorite sheets are back in stock – I just put a fresh set on our bed and slept like a baby!
Travel + Leisure
- May as well make the mask game cute – I recently purchased this one in 4 colors and I like it. It’s lightweight, easy to breathe and stays on the ears.
- I carry a small foam roller when me when taking a road trip as it works wonders for stretching and mobility.
- There is nothing better than my plush, oversized beach towel.
- In an effort to stay away from the sun (and under my beach umbrella!), I have been enjoying this self tanning lotion – it’s super natural looking and easy to apply with a mitt!
- I found these inexpensive sunglasses on Amazon – also love these tortoise ones.
Cooking + Baking
- These delicious, moist turkey burgers and mayo-free cole slaw have been on repeat in our house!
- I had the most decadent blueberry pie the other night so naturally, I want to make one myself.
- Each morning we make French Press coffee…a silver lining of working from home.
- We have been grilling nonstop with these pans (veggies, potatoes, shrimp) and cedar planks (salmon, crab cakes)
- Britt’s avocado salsa is a summer staple and has been coming with me to every social distancing gathering (I like to either dip pita chips in it or top Cajun salmon/chicken with it)
- I have been living in maxi dresses lately – they’re comfortable, lightweight and easy. Recent buys include this jersey purple one, this chic black one and this striped one.
- So many fun beach reads lately! Recent favorites include The Thousandth Floor, The Idea of You (ugh, the end!) and The Island.
- This laptop stand has made my home office setup more organized and ergonomic.
- Loving this nail polish color (with this kit) and face mask for an at-home spa day.
- This darling floral notepad helps me stay organized and looks cute while working from home.
What are you loving this summer?!