Often times these smaller gifts seem to be the toughest ones to give, am I right? For some reason I always get stuck on what to buy when it is cost prohibitive. It is always challenging to find a gift that fits the bill. Do I go practical? Or funny? Or sentimental? Typically, I prefer to stay away from gag gifts (I tend to think they’re just a waste of money) and opt for an item that is both cute and practical. If I am spending up to $25 (or if someone is spending that on me), I want it to be something that the person can at likely use. Or at least something nice enough to re-gift down the road (I’m looking at you lotion-bubble bath set).
Whether you’re searching for a stocking stuffer, a teacher’s gift, a co-worker’s present, a secret Santa gift exchange gift or simply a beautiful, affordable gift – I’ve got you covered. Every gift on here is something that I would either personally gift or like to receive myself. Most of these are a bit more feminine, but there are some pretty cool gifts for men as well. I also threw a couple specifically for children and pets, so be sure to scroll through the entire list!
Affiliate links are included.
- Anthropologie Mug: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – this is a classic gift and one of my traditional “go-to’s”. Everyone loves this Anthro mug and it can be gifted in a variety of ways. For starters, it is the perfect stocking stuffer. It’s ideal for anyone recently engaged or married. It clocks in at under $15 (and often goes 20% off) so you can pair it with a box of tea/coffee or fill it with candy and a gift card. Perfect for a teacher’s gift, a neighbor gift, a co-worker gift or any service provider.
- Hand Towels: There is nothing better than receiving something that you love but would never spend the money on yourself. Some chic hand towels come to mind here. These are ideal hostess gifts for any holiday party or great for someone if you’re staying at their home. If you have some extra room in the budget, think about pairing these with a bottle of wine, a candle, or some high-end olive oil. Boom – gift done!
- Candles: To me, there is nothing more inviting and relaxing in a home than nice smelling candles. They immediately set a warm, calming ambiance and make your home smell wonderful. Plus, this is a gift that most people can always use. Gift these with a cute set of matches and you’ve got the perfect gift for any neighbor, host, teacher, dog-walker or friend.
- Travel Sets: Know someone who likes to travel? A combo passport cover and luggage tag set are two very practical, useful gifts. These things get a lot of wear and tear so I find them to be two items that I replace quite often. You can never have enough of these – a few more favorites are this whimsical set, these monogrammed luggage tags and this leather set.
- Engraved flask: This is a great for any type of guy who partakes in spirits every now and then. A flask is a good bar item to have anyway, so you. May as well give one that is classy and stylish. I also like this leather flask – what a nice gift to pair with a small bottle of his favorite liquor.
- A comfortable throw blanket: This is beyond practical for most people. Maybe it’s just me, but I can always use more blankets in the house. I use pretty, thin ones as décor, larger ones as a warm layer of bedding and faux fur ones to cozy up with in winter. And let’s not forget about the oversized ones that we use for picnics and the Turkish towel style ones that we always travel with. Throw blankets are versatile and come at various price points and styles.
A New Book: Always a great idea – whether to read or for a coffee table decor piece. The thought of reading while taking a bubble bath sounds like the perfect way to unwind at the end of the day, especially during the holiday season. Also, most of us can use a new book for shelf styling somewhere in the home. Books definitely have more than one purpose in my eyes. If you’re not sure what book to give, try checking out Amazon’s book list (everything is available hard back, soft back and e-reader).
- Kid Creature Towels: These are the perfect gift for anyone with children or anyone expecting. Fun fact – I actually gifted these PB Kids gingham ones as a baby gift for a friend a few months back and she swears they’re the softest on the market (with these washcloths). That made me feel so good about my purchase, knowing that it was not only practical but comfortable for her sweet baby boy! If they have fur babies instead, how about a cute puppy sweater?
- A French Press: A a really wonderful, yet unexpected gift. I typically shy away from gifting kitchen items (aren’t we all trying to simplify these days?) but this one not only makes the yummiest coffee, but it’s small and easy to store. I find a French Press to be great for hosting brunch, enjoying a weekend brew and ideal when drinking coffee outside. You could even provide a bag of your favorite coffee ground for your recipient to try!
Affiliate links are included.
1. Travel Jewelry Organizer: These are a great gift and perfect for any female. We all need additional storage and organization for travel, especially jewelry! You can also typically find great, inexpensive options similar to this at Nordstrom Rack or TJ Maxx.
2. Dry Shampoo: Every woman needs this in their beauty cabinet, trust me! This three pack is great for a stocking stuffer or to break up into 3 stockings. The size is ideal too because you can fly with this.
3. Cravings Cook Book: Who doesn’t love a good hard back cook book? And let’s be honest – who doesn’t love Chrissy Teigen?! Her cook book is chalk full of delicious, comfort recipes. It may not be the healthiest, but they all look to die for and are sure to be crowd pleasers.
4. A Yeti Rambler: Okay, so admittedly this is almost $30 but I bet you could find it on sale for under $25! This cup is seriously the best, y’all. No joke – this keeps my coffee hot forever and keeps my ice water cold forever. I’ll take this with me while running errands and two hours later I still have ice cubes. This is the best of the best.
5. Hair Ties: Anyone else lose these all the time and can never find any? This is one of those items that, as a female, you can never ever have enough of. I actually haven’t used these spiral ones yet but I hear they’re the best for your hair.
6. Sleeping Eye Mask: One of my favorite travel accessories, an eye mask is ideal for anyone who travels or needs absolute darkness to sleep. I even like keeping one of these in a guest bedroom for any house guests who need assistance hitting the sack.
7. Stud Earrings: While we can’t always afford the real diamonds, we can play the part with the cubic zirconia stud earrings. These studs are such a classic, timeless piece of jewelry that help accessorize any outfit.
8. Manicure Set: Even though this exact set is purple, a nail grooming set – especially a compact, travel sized one like this – is a practical, easy gift for any person. You could probably find a solid black set at Target.
9. Credit Card Holder: I think that wallets (and handbags) are near impossible to buy for others, unless you know exactly what the person wants. Credit card holders, however, are pretty easy because they are basically all the same. This fits perfectly into any clutch when your wallet won’t. A solid gift choice.
Be sure to visit my Gift Guide Page for additional gift ideas and read my most recent posts on The Perfect Gift for a Foodie, Wine-o or Hostess and The Ultimate Gift Guide for Any Woman in Your Life and For the One Who Deserves a Little Extra This Year (<– fun “experience” style gift ideas!).